Better Person – Better Player!
Results unmatched throughout Canada: In the classroom and on the field.
Accomplishments in Baseball
- 122 academy athletes have successfully graduated in 10 years
- Currently 11 of our 12 seniors from our 2016 roster are attending college baseball programs on either academic and/or athletic scholarships.
- 16 Major League Baseball (MLB) draft picks
- 46 Canadian Junior National Team Invitees (including 15 making the final roster)
- Jets Stadium (major renovations, new hitting stations, hitting turtle, fence, cages, bleachers, concession stand and lights)
- State of the Art – $1.2 million dollar multi-purpose facility opened in 2011. Dorm rooms, residence manager house, laundry, players lounge, weight room, cardio room, locker-room, therapy room, offices, etc.
- Indoor Facility (5000 square feet equipped with pitching mounds, agility stations, 70 foot hitting cage, long toss net, additional hitting stations)
- 75 games throughout Canada and the United States
- Experienced coaches (Team Canada, College Baseball, WMBL, American Legion, Professional Baseball coaching experience) & (NCAA Division 1, Junior College, Team Canada, Olympic, NAIA, WMBL, Team Alberta playing experience)
- Sport Therapist (Part-time at the Academy with professional baseball and National Team experience)
- Strength & Conditioning Coach (MLB experience and National Team experience – world-renowned in his field)
- Sport Mental Training (Jets Alumni)
Accomplishments in Academics
- 122 academy athletes have successfully graduated in 10 years – a 100% graduation rate.
- 90 honor roll student-athletes (Rutherford Scholarship – 80% average in core classes and over 80% of our athletes maintain honor roll grades with all classes)
- Vauxhall High School has been ranked in the top 15 schools in Alberta every year of the Academy (Rankings are based on provincial academic performance statistics.)
- Vauxhall High School is characterized by small class sizes, providing fewer distractions and a positive learning environment.
- Vauxhall High School is undergoing an $18 million dollar renovation starting in the fall of 2009 and was completed August 2012.
- Vauxhall High School is staffed with many provincial award winning teachers.
Accomplishments in Community Involvement
- Academy athletes are active in a program that encourages them to interact with the senior citizens of Vauxhall and surrounding areas. They spend time at the Vauxhall Senior Citizens Center playing cards, pool, and having meals. In return our senior citizens attend games and have begun participating with our athletes in our community fitness center.
- Academy athletes have participated in a youth mentorship program.
- Academy athletes have volunteered their time and talents into coaching minor hockey teams, little league baseball teams, and local volleyball and basketball teams.
- Academy athletes regularly referee or umpire local youth sports.
- Academy athletes and coaches plan and instruct at numerous youth baseball camps throughout the school year.
RHP Josh Burgmann (Naniamo, BC)
2016 MLB Draft Pick of the St. Louis Cardinals
Josh was drafted in the 30th round, 916th overall by the Cardinals. Burgmann as well as teammates Carsen Perkins (RHP), Brandon Hatley (LHP), Wesley Moore (LHP) and Victor Cerny (Catcher) represented Canada throughout the year. Burgmann was with Team Canada for the last 2 years.